Recipe by vverkin925
This is an awesome twist to the standard "yams and marshmallows". Perfect for those holiday meals but appreciated anytime!
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices
- 2 (17 ounce) cans yams, drained
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice.
- Line sides of baking dish with pineapple slices, slightly overlapping.
- Arrange yams in center of dish.
- Pour reserved pineapple juice over yams.
- In separate bowl combined flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Cut butter into flour mixture until coarse.
- Stir in nuts and pour mixture over yams.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with marshmallows.
- Place under broiler until slightly browned.