Recipe by KristinB
This recipe was given to my grandmother many, many years ago by an old Welsh lady. They are a family favorite in all generations. They are different from the other recipes listed here as they do NOT have milk--eggs are the only liquid.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup currants
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat margarine & sugar together.
- Add eggs & beat till smooth.
- Add dry ingredients & stir till just nicely mixed.
- Roll out on floured surface to 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut into rounds using a small glass or round cookie cutter (we've always used a small glass).
- Cook in frying pan till nicely browned on one side; flip & brown the other side. (approx. 3-4 minute per side).
- Remove to baking rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag.