Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Not my Granny, she was too busy shopping at Bloomingdale's! If we ever do find the Granny that invented this soup we want to adopt her, this is super comfort food, very popular during the winter in our house.
- 6 potatoes, peeled and chopped (I cut them in pretty small pieces)
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 4 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- chives, chopped to taste
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- Place all ingredients, except chives and milk, in a 4 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir in milk and chives during last hour of cooking.
Very good! Always looking for a good soup recipe. Found it!! Thanks
A good vegetarian soup recipe for a rainy Saturday. The potatoes do have to be cut small and I found it was better to have this on the HIGH setting rather than my usual AUTO [1 hr high, the the rest on low]. A hit with my toddler too!
We had this for dinner last night, my husband works away from home and usually arrives in on a Thursday evening around 10pm. Heated this up for him (thanks to Mirjs help re not using a slow cooker) and I must say the flavours are wonderful, thanks to Granny, whomevers Granny she was!