Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I found this recipe "taped to the top" of one of my Granny's recipe boxes. No name, just a hand written recipe listing ingredients and the note "serve with rice pilaf, 1/2 wild". I'm sure this could easily be done in the crockpot too!
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs chuck roast, cubed
- 1 cup mushroom soup
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 can water chestnut
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sauted if your using fresh
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- Place all ingredients in large casserole with lid.
- Cover and place in 275 degree oven for 3 hours.
Hooray for Granny!!! So easy and flavorful. I followed this exactly using 1/2 cup of Cabernet Sauvignon (because there was no white wine in the house). How nice to have one of Granny's recipes with her handwritten note. What a treasure. :-)
Thanks, but for a twist I cooked it with halved Chestnuts.