Soft all the way through. You can make BIG cookies with this dough!
Make and share this Granny's Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Blend in egg.
- Sift together salt, baking powder, and flour.
- Add to mixture.
- Blend vanilla into mixture.
- Chill dough.
- Roll dough to thickness desired, and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet in 400°F preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
A really yummy cookie. I used 1/2 white sugar and 1/2 brown sugar. I also rolled the dough into a log and chilled over night. Then sliced and baked them.
Great easy sugar cookie recipe. I did cream the butter and sugar thoroughly as suggested by a previous reviewer, and the cookies turned out beautifully. Thanks for the post!
I made Christmas Tree decoration cookies with my two year old. This recipe has been around for ages, and works great.