1/37 Photos of Granny's Sugar Cookies
I make sugar cookies for almost every holiday. A lot of fun and the kids can help.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1In a mixing bowl, cream together sugar and butter until fluffy.
- 2Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- 3Stir together dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture until completely blended.
- 4Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- 5On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
- 6Cut with various shaped cookie cutters dipped in flour.
- 7Transfer cookies to ungreased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes.
- 9Cool on wire racks.
- 10Frosting: Mix together sugar, butter, vanilla and milk until desired degree of spreading consistency; add milk if you want thinner frosting.
- 11Add food coloring to obtain desired color.
- 12Spread frosting over cookies and decorate with sprinkles.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granny's Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.6
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 14.2 mg
- Sodium 77.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 0.8 g