Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another Squash Casserole. This is the one we have used for 4 generations. Need I say more? Always a favorite.
- Place chicken broth, squash and onions in saucepan.
- Simmer until veggies are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except ½ of stuffing mix.
- Pour into 2 or 3 quart greased casserole dish.
- Top with remaining stuffing mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until bubbly and light brown.
Wow. A great, easy recipe that is delicious. The leftovers are just as good as fresh out of the oven.
Excellent! Even my picky squash eaters at this. Be sure and do not use any more broth than mentioned. It does not seem like enough liquid, but it is. This serves a good 8 people plus.
This was an AWESOME casserole! The only things I did differently was use veggie broth (I am vegetarian), plus I added some chopped parsnips. I used mostly plain yellow squash, fresh from the store, but also a few pieces of butternut squash leftover from a freezer bag I had. I used Stovetop sage stuffing, it worked great. Thanks for sharing!