Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this several years ago, and its a favorite with everyone who has ever tasted it... We have served it with pulled pork at church functions, and everyone wanted the recipe. The secret ingredient? Jack Daniels! Just tell everyone its a secret family recipe..lol.Its great on brisket, pulled pork, or baby back ribs (.I used low carb ketsup, and splenda's brown sugar.)
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (heaping spoons full)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke, hickory flavor
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried celery flakes
- Simply stir all together. Use part as a mop and store the rest in refrig to serve with the ribs.
Absolutely fantastic! I have tried other low carb BBQ Sauces, and have been very disappointed, but this was wonderful! My carb count works out to 3 carbs per Tablespoon. Can't wait to try it on chicken, pork & beef. Tonight, though it's baby back ribs!
I found this over the weekend while searching for a good sounding sauce, and am I ever glad! What a fabulous taste..yum! I made it with regular ketsup,and brown sugar. Perfect! Just sweet enough, and didn't change the ingredients or the amounts at all. I had just enough leftover to serve tonite over chicken. Love this !! It was simple to make and tasty.