- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 5 medium ripe tomatoes, unpeeled
- 1 large purple onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a jar, cover tightly and shake vigorously. Set aside.
- Core tomatoes, and cut each into 6 slices. Thinly slice the onion and separate into rings.
- Layer tomato slices and onion rings in a shallow dish, and sprinkle with oregano. Pour vinegar mixture over vegetables, cover, and marinate in refrigerator 3 hours. Makes 8 servings (about 35 calories per serving).