When it comes to the title "Granny", I say it's got to be good. My Granny was an excellent cook. She made the best fried chicken without alot of nonsense ingredients. I say that it don't get no better than this!
- Wash chicken.
- My Granny always cuts the breast halves in half.
- Salt all chicken pieces good on both sides.
- Let sit for 20 minutes on paper towels.
- Put oil in frying pan and heat to medium high.
- Shake chicken in flour.
- Carefully add chicken pieces skin side down first and brown on each side.
- Turn burner down on medium.
- Cook until done. (cooking time varies on different pieces.).
- Drain on paper towels.
This is exactly how I make my chicken and it is good!
I have made this recipe in the past, but found that adding garlic onion powder, salt, and a little Tony Chachere's Seasoning really adds lots of flavor to this basic recipe... Marinading the chicken in buttermilk and Texas Pete or Tabasco is good too!
Excellent, I like to use 1/2 butter or margarine with the oil.