Recipe by Chef Mommie
When it comes to the title "Granny", I say it's got to be good. My Granny was an excellent cook. She made the best fried chicken without alot of nonsense ingredients. I say that it don't get no better than this!
- 1 whole broiler-fryer chicken (cut up or preferred pieces)
- salt (enough to coat chicken)
- flour (enough to coat chicken)
- oil (1 1/2 inches) or Crisco (1 1/2 inches)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash chicken.
- My Granny always cuts the breast halves in half.
- Salt all chicken pieces good on both sides.
- Let sit for 20 minutes on paper towels.
- Put oil in frying pan and heat to medium high.
- Shake chicken in flour.
- Carefully add chicken pieces skin side down first and brown on each side.
- Turn burner down on medium.
- Cook until done. (cooking time varies on different pieces.).
- Drain on paper towels.