Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I am told this recipe is over 100 years old.
- 2 cups butter
- 3 cups white sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- shortening, for greasing pans
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 3 - 8x4 inch loaf pans with shortening and line with bottom of pan with parchment paper.
- With a mixer cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well. Mix in the flour alternating with the milk. Do not over mix.
- Divide batter between the greased loaf pans. Bake for 70 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and run a knife around the edges of the cake to loosen sides. Cool cakes in the pans for 10-15 minutes, then remove and let them finish cooling before slicing.