Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Great!! The meat cooks up tender and juicy. You'll love this one!!
Make and share this Granny's Pot Roast recipe from Food.com.
- Roll the meat in flour and brown in bacon grease in a dutch oven.
- Add onion soup mix and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3 hours.
- Add carrots and potatoes and cook until done (about 30 minutes).
- Add peas and heat through.
Well MizzNezz you have a wonderful recipe here! I had a 4 1/2 lb roast so used it and replaced four cups of the water with some beef broth. This makes a lot of broth in the end so be prepared to freeze it for other meals or gravies. The roast was left whole and I cooked it for 5 hours instead of 3 and it was perfect and so tender by dinnertime! I added the carrots and potatoes as you directed near the end and they were crisp tender when served. Absolutely wonderful and I'm so surprised it has taken so long for someone to try and review this wonderful dish! We will be enjoying leftovers tomorrow night! Made for Bargain Basement tag game and the One Dish Wonders Photo event.