Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Good PA Dutch comfort food. Traditionally it is served on New Years day. It's more a winter food but we love it year round.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sear pork roast in a skillet.
- Transfer to roasting pan. Pour Sauerkraut over pork and pour Worcestershire sauce over everything.
- Bake in the oven for 2-3 hours or until center of roast reaches 170 degrees F.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and corn.
This is a very easy recipe to make. The Worcestershire sauce and sauerkraut worked well together. I used a 6 pound roast and 3 pounds of kraut. I'm need even more kraut for my family the next time I make this. Made for Fall PAC 2012