Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
this is an old recipe from my grandmother...made in a cast iron skillet
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 16 ounces pineapple slices, drained
- Beat egg whites stiff.
- Add 2 egg yolks. Gradually add sugar.
- Fold in the dry ingredients that have been mixed together.
- Add water and vanilla.
- Melt butter in cast iron skillet.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar; arrange pineapple rings on top.
- Pour batter over the fruit in skillet.
- Bake at 325 for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and invert on serving plate.