Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Whenever we went to my granny's for afternoon tea we knew we would be served these. These are nice and chewy. These have very similar ingredients to other molasses cookies recipes posted-the exception is the addition of maple flavouring and vanilla which i think make a nice addition! I'm a huge oatmeal/chocolate chip cookie fan but have to admit that these are a nice change from the everyday cookie, I hope you do too. (Don't overcook-unless you like crispy cookies).
- Cream together shortening and sugar.
- Mix in the molasses, egg, vanilla and maple flavouring.
- Sift together the remaining ingredients.
- Add to the other mixture.
- Mix well.
- Form into balls.
- Roll in sugar.
- Flatten slightly with fork.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes.
These are great! They remind me of these cookies my mom would buy when I was a kid. Yum! Thanks!