Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I first had this at the senior citizens center when I worked there. Lots of Grannies there who loved it, therefore, the name. It was the very best non alcoholic beverage I have ever had.I think the author may be Judith Smith.
- 1 quart cold water
- 15 black tea bags
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 quarts cranberry juice cocktail
- 4 (6 ounce) cans frozen orange juice, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 quarts water
- 1 (28 ounce) bottle ginger ale
- lemon slices or orange slice
- maraschino cherry, drained
- ice, preferrably block size
- Bring 1 qt of cold water to full roling boil.
- remove from heat.
- Add tea all at once.
- Brew 4 minutes.
- Remove bags, and put brewed tea in punch bowl.
- Add sugar and stir until disolved.
- cool to room temperature.
- Add juices and water.
- when ready to serve, add ginger ale and block of ice.
- Garnish with lemon, and orange slices. Add cherries.
- Makes 50 servings.
This is a very nice punch. I like it a little sweeter though, so added more sugar. I've made it twice in a large pitcher. Thanks for the recipe.