Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a hearty, "warm you up" dish that my grandma used to make. it is one of the few things that i remember her making as she lived far from us and i only saw her once a year. Enjoy.
- 3 jars marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups cooked, diced ham
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Drain artichoke hearts.
- Combine soup,onion,sherry and garlic salt.
- Mix well.
- In a 3 quart casserole dish put artichoke and ham,pour soup mixture over top,then add cheese over top of the soup mixture.
- cover and bake for 25-30 minutes in a preheated 375 degree oven.
- One variation of this recipe that i leave out is to add 8 quatered hard boiled eggs to the pan before the soup mixture is poured on.
- I am not a big hard boiled egg fan so I omit it.
- She sometimes added chow mein noodles to the top 5 minutes before taking out of the oven.
- When it is finished cooking i always take fresh ground pepper and sprinkle over the top before serving.
I thought this was excellent! A fine dish to serve for a "ladies luncheon" or other company. After first consulting with the recipe poster, I did made a few health related substitutions: I used "Healthy Request" cream of celery soup and I used about half of the salt. I also used lowfat cheese. Even with these lower fat/sodium choices, this dish came out so delicious and rich - I can't imagine it tasting any better. My daughter deemed it a perfect 10 stars and had seconds. For the sherry I used a good quality drinking sherry.
Easy to make, but very odd taste combination! The foods included just didn't work well together (and we like everything)! Was too salty - I think garlic powder would work better.