Recipe by alligirl
This simple recipe bursts with flavor and goodness! Taken from explorecrete.com and posted for ZWT. Time does NOT include 'sit' time (45 minutes.)
Top Review by ElizabethKnicely
My husband said, "The potatoes were AWESOME!" The kids and I gobbled them up to. I could see these being made frequently in our house. I made them exactly as written with beautiful results. Thank you alligirl. Made for team Tasty Testers for the Greek cookbook during ZWT9.
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut two large potatoes in thick pieces, salt them, sprinkle them with the juice of half a lemon and stir them well.
- Cover them and leave them for about 45 minutes.
- In a deep frying pan, heat up 2 cups of virgin olive oil.
- Drop the potatoes in the hot olive oil and let them fry with no cover until they get golden.
- Take them out with a strainer-ladle and place them on kitchen paper towels so that they totally drain from the excess oil. (They are eaten hot.).