Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This simple recipe bursts with flavor and goodness! Taken from explorecrete.com and posted for ZWT. Time does NOT include 'sit' time (45 minutes.)
- Peel and cut two large potatoes in thick pieces, salt them, sprinkle them with the juice of half a lemon and stir them well.
- Cover them and leave them for about 45 minutes.
- In a deep frying pan, heat up 2 cups of virgin olive oil.
- Drop the potatoes in the hot olive oil and let them fry with no cover until they get golden.
- Take them out with a strainer-ladle and place them on kitchen paper towels so that they totally drain from the excess oil. (They are eaten hot.).
My husband said, "The potatoes were AWESOME!" The kids and I gobbled them up to. I could see these being made frequently in our house. I made them exactly as written with beautiful results. Thank you alligirl. Made for team Tasty Testers for the Greek cookbook during ZWT9.
What yummy potatoes Granny!!! I made this for one serving, using a peeled and thick sliced red potato. I forgot to cut back on the lemon, but it worked out wonderful for me. I also didn't use the amount of oil, as it wasn't necessary for the amount I made for lunch. These were nice and crispy on the outside but soft and moist on the inside, perfect fried potatoes!!! Thanks so much for sharing a great recipe. Made for your win in the Game Forum Trivia Event.
I made these as directed EXCEPT, I put them in the oven to bake (yes, I know, fried potatoes, I'm just not a huge lover of frying :( ) - they were wonderful! lemon flavour came through loud and clear but not over-powering, very pleasant, crisped nicely, DH was delighted since he loves potatoes and I am not a fan, so this was a real treat for him! Really nice Alligirl, made and enjoyed for ZWT 9