Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
My grandmother made these every holiday season. I wasn't too fond of them as a child but as I got older they got better and better. Now, I try to make them every holiday season too. They do have alot of ingredients but they are so worth it. I sometimes think these are the reason hubby married me....LOL.
- 12 ounces dates
- 6 ounces candied red cherries
- 6 ounces green glazed cherries
- 6 ounces candied pineapple
- 3 cups white raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Chop the first 6 ingredients and sprinkle them with flour.
- Cream together the shortening and sugar.
- Add the beaten eggs and beat well.
- Add the vanilla.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add to the creamed mixture, (makes a stiff dough).
- Drop by teaspoon on greased cookie sheet and bake in a 275 oven for 20 to 25 minutes.