Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I like this recipe because it is fairly easy to make, is quick to cook and inexpensive to make. I got the recipe from my father's mother when she was alive many years ago and she got it off of a lady she knew during the Great Depression of the 1930's. One tip I would like to make is to always make sure when cooking this recipe to have the cooking oil not only cover the top of the slices but underneath the slices as well in the deepest frying pan you have or deep fryer that you can also use. If you or your family like french fries a lot, then I am sure you will these, they are tasty but I am afraid addictive like french fries and fattening but enjoy them anyway!
- You have to wash the potatoes before using them and then either peel them or leave skin on, then slice them across width ways into slices.
- Mix the salt, baking, flour together in a mixing bowl, gradually add the water to it until it is the consistency of batter.
- Preheat enough cooking oil in the either deepest frying pan you have or deep fryer to properly cook the potato slices.
- Dip the potato slices into the batter you have made until coated on both sides and then place in the hot cooking oil and fry until golden brown and cooked. Then serve them.
- You can use whatever you like on them, for example, salt and vinegar, salad dressing, gravy, etc. Number of servings or amount depends on the size of family you have or how much you can eat at one time.