Recipe by Chef mariajane
It's not your everyday turkey sandwich - the zesty honey mustard sauce and crisp Granny Smith apple slices make this sandwich extra special and a great new way to use leftover turkey too!!
Top Review by flower7
I realize now as I'm reviewing this that I made it wrong - I made it like a grilled cheese in a skillet with butter on the outside. That said, I don't know that I'd change anything since it was delicious that way! I did add the mustard sauce after the sandwich was finished cooking instead of before. I used leftover roasted turkey and a "limited edition" Farmhouse cheese which has a mild swiss flavor. I really liked the tang from the mustard and apple. Thanks for sharing!
HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE
- 2 -3 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices wholegrain bread
- 1 large granny smith apple, unpeeled, sliced thin
- 8 ounces sliced turkey
- 4 ounces jarlsberg cheese or 4 ounces sweiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure ground mustard into a small bowl. Stir to break up lumps. Add honey and mayonnaise. Stir until smooth.
- Spread 1 side of each bread slice with 1-2 tablespons Honey Mustard Sauce. Top 4 bread slices with apple then turkey and cheese.
- Broil until cheese melts. Top with remaining bread slices. Serve warm.
- TIP: If you prefer a milder mustard flavor, or if you are making the Honey Mustard Sauce ahead of time, use 2 teaspoons ground mustard since the mustard flavor strength increases as it stands.