Recipe by Cookin' Mommy
I have been making our chili this way for years. My mom always used Brooks chili beans so I prefer those but you could use any brand that you like. The seasonings can also be adjusted to suit your taste and cayenne or hot sauce could be added to heat up the chili.
- 1 lb ground round
- 40 ounces chili beans, I use Brooks Mild
- 46 ounces vegetable juice, I use V8
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large dutch oven cook ground round until no longer pink and nicely browned. Drain any grease that has accumulated.
- Add remaining ingredients to browned ground round and mix well. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated thru.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, or any topping of your choice.