Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
Another of my childhood favorites I often found waiting for me at Granny's house. It's cool, creamy chocolaty....need I say more? **Note** The recipe does not specify size of Cool Whip. I buy the largest one.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (walnuts or pecans)
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk, cold
- 2 -3 cups Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 3 ingredients and press into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Mix the filling ingredients together and spread evenly over top of cooked & cooled crust.
- Mix together the pudding mixes and milk according to directions on box; spread over cream cheese layer.
- Carefully spread remaining cool whip over pudding layer, pressing gently with spatula so as not to mix the pudding and cool whip together.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Recipe says it serves 8 - 10 - ummm -- not in my house : ).