Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mom always has this during the holidays and any time we come for a visit. It is a no fail recipe.
- 20 large marshmallows
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 1⁄2 ounces chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- In saucepan, cook sugar, milk, marshmallows, butter and salt over medium heat stirring constantly until it reaches hard boil. When it starts boiling starting timing. Cook exactly 5 minutes.
- Take off heat and stir in vanilla, chocolate chips and pecans.
- Stir until chips are melted.
- Pour into a buttered 9x9 pan.
- Let cool. Cut into squares.
I have had trouble with fudge being too sticky or not "quite right." This recipe was a breeze and the fudge is FABULOUS! This is a keeper!!!