Recipe by Mims & Squims
My Granny is the most amazing woman in the world, and her cooking is nothing short of perfect. Note: Cook time may be a bit off since I have no idea how long it takes to boil a whole chicken. If you can help me with that, please zmail me! :)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken in boiling salted water until tender.
- Remove chicken from broth. Cool chicken, cut from bone, & set aside.
- Measure 1 qt broth into large saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Put flour in large bowl; cut in shortening with pastry blender or fork.
- Add boiling water a small amount at a time.
- Shape mixture into a ball & roll to a thickness of 1/8" in a lightly floured board.
- Cut into strips. Drop strips into boiling broth and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add salt & pepper to taste. (Granny doesn't use pepper in her dumplings).