1 hr 5 mins
So Cal Gal's Note:
Dainty gluten-free cookies that are delicately sweet, deliciously flavorful, and delightfully aromatic! (Slightly adapted from a Wild Oats Marketplace recipe.) Chill time not included in preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, stir together brown rice flour, salt, ground pecans, and dark seedless raisins.
- 2In a small mixing bowl, whisk together maple syrup, melted unsalted butter, egg, and vanilla extract.
- 3Add wet ingredients to dry, and mix until well combined.
- 4Cover bowl, and refrigerate for 12 hours--or overnight.
- 5When dough is ready to bake: preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 6Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- 7Shape cookie dough into 1 inch balls and place on prepared baking sheets; then flatten each dough ball with the bottom of a juice glass dipped in brown rice flour. (Cookies can be placed close together--baking will not change their size.).
- 8Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until cookies are light brown underneath (tops will not brown much).
- 9Transfer finished cookies to wire racks to cool before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granny's Brown Rice Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (576 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 66.4
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 8.0 mg
- Sodium 37.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 0.9 g