Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Easy to make and very good to eat.
Make and share this Granny's Brown Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 can campbell French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can campbell beef consomme soup, undiluted
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked long grain
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a two qt.
- ovenproof dish.
- Melt butter in a hot oven.
- When melted, add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Return to oven and cook uncovered until all liquid is absorbed, approximately 35-45 minutes.
I've been making this same rice for a few years - it's my favorite rice dish! I sometimes throw in sliced mushrooms, but it's really perfect just the way it is. Make sure and use french onion soup; I was out once and so substituted the dried onion soup mix, rehydrated, and though it was ok, it just wasn't the fantastic rice that we were used to!
This is delicious rice! It was very easy to toss together and pop in the oven. I found it to be a little salty tasting for my liking, so I think next time I'll pour out a little out of each soup can and re-fill it with water. I think that would make it perfect!