Recipe by sassafrasnanc
Moist and yummy this recipe is a bit healthier than the standard sweet bread recipe. I always double the recipe and make some mini loaves to share with teachers, neighbors etc. This is super excellent with a fat free whipped cream cheese spread with a little fruit and/or honey blended in.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) carton lemon low fat yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh peaches (peeled, pitted and sliced)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first nine ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients.
- Combine egg, yogurt, milk, oil and vanilla in small bowl, stir well.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients stirring just until moistened.
- Blend peaches in food processor until smooth and fold into the rest of ingredients.
- Coat 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 3 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Spoon mix into pan and bake for approximately 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes and then remove and place on wire rack to continue cooling.
- Cut into 1/2 inch slices when ready to serve.