Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Excellent when served hot with butter. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Preheat oven to 400F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix together thoroughly.
- Cut in butter or other shortening with a pastry blender; add enough milk to make a soft dough.
- Roll out 1/2 inch thick on a floured board, cut into rounds and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.