Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Excellent when served hot with butter. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Preheat oven to 400F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Combine dry ingredients and mix together thoroughly.
- Cut in butter or other shortening with a pastry blender; add enough milk to make a soft dough.
- Roll out 1/2 inch thick on a floured board, cut into rounds and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
This is a nice biscuit recipe, Molly! I love that this is a healthier option. I used oat bran, and since I had to make this batch dairy-free, I used margarine and water replaced the milk. Next time I make this -- and there will definitely be a next time -- I will try it with butter and milk. Thanks!