Excellent when served hot with butter. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- 2Combine dry ingredients and mix together thoroughly.
- 3Cut in butter or other shortening with a pastry blender; add enough milk to make a soft dough.
- 4Roll out 1/2 inch thick on a floured board, cut into rounds and place on prepared baking sheet.
- 5Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granny's Bran Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.1
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 215.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 1.7 g