1/1 Photo of Granny's Biscuits
paula giles's Note:
GRANNY'S BISQUITS. These are the bisquits my granny use to make(God rest her soul) I watched her make these so many times when I was a kid. I have never found a recipe that comes close to these. They are very moist and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour and buttermilk together until mixture is stiff but not dry.
- 2It will be sticky On floured surface turn dough out.
- 3Add flour on top of dough and knead until dough is kind of dry but still sticky in the middle.
- 4Pat dough out to about 1/2 in thick and cut with cutter.
- 5In a cookie pan melt about 1/4 c butter flavored crisco (or reg. Crisco) in a 425 degree oven When melted remove from oven, tilt to cover pan.
- 6Then, tilt pan so extra oil runs to one end.
- 7Take each bisquit and dredge in the oil so that both sides of bisquits are coated.
- 8Place bisquits close together in pan (touching).
- 9Now bake at 425 degrees F until the tops are brown.
- 10THESE ARE ABSOLUTELY,NO DOUBT ABOUT IT THE BEST, MOST DELICIOUS, MOIST, BISQUITS YOU HAVE EVER TASTED.
- 11Hope you love these as much as we do.
- 12Let me know how you like these.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granny's Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.2
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 1683.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 15.4 g