Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
so simple and quick. I've made this for years and years. My kids still love it. I don't remember where the original recipe came from.
- 1 cup white rice or 1 cup brown rice
- 4 slices bacon, fried (reserve bacon grease, leave in pan)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup American cheese, cut into small pieces
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- prepare rice according to directions.
- Cut each bacon strip into 4 pieces.
- put onions into pan of bacon grease, and cook til tender.
- Stir in prepared rice, tomatoes, salt, pepper, bacon, and mix well.
- Place in oven proof container, top with the 1/4 cup cheese, and put into oven. Bake 20 minutes.