Recipe by Kristini 16
This recipe came from my husbands side of the family. They had it for special family gatherings. Best stroganoff I've ever had!
- 4 lbs beef, stroganoff meat cut into long chunks
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, save liquid (can also use fresh mushrooms)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can water
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Kitchen Bouquet
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in large sauce pan with 3 Tab. butter.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper. (may have to do two batches to fit in pan).
- In small pan with 1 Tab. butter, saute onion and green pepper till tender.
- In large dutch, add everything but sour cream.
- Add a little kitchen bouquet for color.
- Simmer slowly and cover till tender about 1 hour.
- Right before serving time, add sour cream; warm slowly don't boil.
- Serve with steamed rice.