Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This recipe came from my husbands side of the family. They had it for special family gatherings. Best stroganoff I've ever had!
- 4 lbs beef, stroganoff meat cut into long chunks
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, save liquid (can also use fresh mushrooms)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can water
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Kitchen Bouquet
- Brown meat in large sauce pan with 3 Tab. butter.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper. (may have to do two batches to fit in pan).
- In small pan with 1 Tab. butter, saute onion and green pepper till tender.
- In large dutch, add everything but sour cream.
- Add a little kitchen bouquet for color.
- Simmer slowly and cover till tender about 1 hour.
- Right before serving time, add sour cream; warm slowly don't boil.
- Serve with steamed rice.