Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
So delicious !!
Top Review by MizzNezz
Wonderful!!! This pie filling will stand up to any I have ever tasted! Very easy to follow directions. I used bananas that were pretty ripe, so I only used two of them. The filling is very creamy, great homemade taste. I made whipped cream using heavy cream. It was fantastic!! This goes into my keepers file! Thanks NurseDi!!!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium firm bananas
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, baked
- whipped cream or Cool Whip
- sliced banana
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour, and salt; stir in milk and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil; boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of cream mixture into egg yolks; return all to saucepan.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly; remove from the heat.
- Add butter and vanilla; mix well; allow to cool slightly.
- Slice the bananas and place evenly in pastry shell; pour cream mixture over bananas.
- Cool; before serving, garnish with whipped cream or Cool Whip and bananas.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.