Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked brown rice
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups chunky applesauce
- 1 cup cubed apple
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 dash salt
- Cook rice according to package direction.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to hot rice and stir.
- Mix in applesauce, apples, brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon and salt.
- Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- Dot with remaining butter.
- Sprinkle remaining cinnamon evenly on top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated.