Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was one of my favorite recipes that my grandmother made. She always seemed to have the ingredients on hand and would whip one up in no time!
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups chopped unpeeled apples
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream eggs, oil and sugar together and then add flour and mix well.
- Add apples and nuts and mix well.
- Bake in a greased and floured 9x13 pan in 275 degree oven for 1 hour.
fantastic...the taste of the warm apples and flavor with a cup of hot coffee ...
this apple cake was okay...i didn\'t think it was sweet enough, and it needs something (maybe some frosting or glaze). also, my husband didn\'t like the apples with the peels still on them, but that is just his personal preference....overall, it is an easy cake and not too bad, but i probably won\'t make it again