Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Super quick using canned asparagus.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans asparagus
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- In the soup pot, melt the butter with the oil.
- Add onion, cooking until transparent.
- Add garlic and thyme, cook until the garlic smells aromatic, just a few minutes.
- Put both cans of asparagus and their liquid in a blender to puree. Add the pureed asparagus and chicken broth to the pot. Heat through.
- Add milk or cream to the pot, being careful not to allow it to boil.
- Adjust seasonings to your taste. You might serve with a pat of butter in the center of the bowl.
This was amazing and easy. I was done with it in 20 minutes. I used heavy whipping cream and my own canned asparagus. Thank you for this.
This soup was so delicious, Grannydragon.! I used a large bunch of fresh asparagus, instead and it had such a fresh delicious flavor. It was a very soothing soup on a chilly evening. Thank you for sharing.