Grannydragon's Really Quick Cream of Asparagus Soup
- In the soup pot, melt the butter with the oil.
- Add onion, cooking until transparent.
- Add garlic and thyme, cook until the garlic smells aromatic, just a few minutes.
- Put both cans of asparagus and their liquid in a blender to puree. Add the pureed asparagus and chicken broth to the pot. Heat through.
- Add milk or cream to the pot, being careful not to allow it to boil.
- Adjust seasonings to your taste. You might serve with a pat of butter in the center of the bowl.