Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a pleasantfull-bodied winter soup.
Make and share this Grannydragon's Pumpkin and Bacon Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Combine pumpkin, onion, carrot and celery in large soup pot with oil.
- Stir and fry 5 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder and cook 1 minute more.
- Add flour and stir.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in stock.
- Puree with a wand blender or food processor at this point. Return to the soup pot if using the food processor.
- Fry chopped bacon 3 to 4 minutes in separate pan, stirring constantly, until crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon to the soup pot. Save bacon fat of another use.
- Taste soup to adjust seasoning.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer 5 minutes, stirring.
- Serve soup in bowls. May garnish with roasted pumpkin sees and freshly grated nutmeg.
This was nice but I did find that the curry was a little too much, I would decrease that by half next time...I needed to add cream to cut the heat a bit so the whole family would eat it.