This is a pleasantfull-bodied winter soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine pumpkin, onion, carrot and celery in large soup pot with oil.
- 2Stir and fry 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in curry powder and cook 1 minute more.
- 4Add flour and stir.
- 5Remove pot from heat and stir in stock.
- 6Puree with a wand blender or food processor at this point. Return to the soup pot if using the food processor.
- 7Fry chopped bacon 3 to 4 minutes in separate pan, stirring constantly, until crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon to the soup pot. Save bacon fat of another use.
- 8Taste soup to adjust seasoning.
- 9Bring to the boil, reduce heat to simmer.
- 10Simmer 5 minutes, stirring.
- 11Serve soup in bowls. May garnish with roasted pumpkin sees and freshly grated nutmeg.
Browse Our Top Lactose-Free Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lactose-Free Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grannydragon's Pumpkin and Bacon Soup
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.0
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 570.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 10.6 g