Recipe by Grannydragon
I really enjoy eating pasta and peanut butter separately. This combo really grabs me. I do use quinoa noodles and tamari sauce as they are gluten-free.
Top Review by valeriefromWI
This is a great recipe to use as is or to build on. Made this tonight (as written with fettucine) and my two 4 yr old sons approve! I added a photo, didn't have any green onions though. A wonderful, easy-to-make and kid friendly meal!
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles (or any shape pasta)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon brown sugar or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ginger, powdered
- 1 cup chicken, precooked, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped, as garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat oil,in a sauce pan, add onion, garlic and cook 2 minutes on medium.
- Add chicken broth, peanut butter, soy sauce (or tamari) vinegar, lemon juice, sugar (or brown sugar or honey, one or the other) and ginger. Turn heat to low, simmering 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Put chicken in a large serving bowl. Add chopped green onions.
- Drain Cooked pasta,well. Add to serving bowl. Pour peanut butter sauce atop, combine,
- Garnish with chopped peanuts, when serving.