Recipe by Grannydragon
Salmon patties have been in our family since childhood. When I had to make them gluten-free, this is what I came up with. Not only are they one of our favorite meal items, but they are great for that emergency quick meal. Plus I love fish! Can be served with cole slaw, catsup or tartar sauce. Or how about creamed peas?
Top Review by AllergyGirl
These were indeed very good. We used sweet potato chips, which made them extra yummy. The only thing I had trouble with was the consistency. They kept falling apart! I couldn't figure out how to fix that.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans salmon
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 4 eggs, lightly mixed
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 4 -6 cups crushed potato chips
- 1⁄4 cup oil, for frying (I use olive oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pick over the salmon to rid it of skin and spine bones.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, except the olive oil.
- Form into 8 patties.
- Heat a large frying pan.
- Add olive oil. When hot (test with a crumb of one of the patties, when it sizzles it is ready to add the patties to the pan. Gently! Fry about 3 minutes per side or until nicely golden brown.