Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Salmon patties have been in our family since childhood. When I had to make them gluten-free, this is what I came up with. Not only are they one of our favorite meal items, but they are great for that emergency quick meal. Plus I love fish! Can be served with cole slaw, catsup or tartar sauce. Or how about creamed peas?
- 2 (15 ounce) cans salmon
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 4 eggs, lightly mixed
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 4 -6 cups crushed potato chips
- 1⁄4 cup oil, for frying (I use olive oil)
- Pick over the salmon to rid it of skin and spine bones.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, except the olive oil.
- Form into 8 patties.
- Heat a large frying pan.
- Add olive oil. When hot (test with a crumb of one of the patties, when it sizzles it is ready to add the patties to the pan. Gently! Fry about 3 minutes per side or until nicely golden brown.
These were indeed very good. We used sweet potato chips, which made them extra yummy. The only thing I had trouble with was the consistency. They kept falling apart! I couldn't figure out how to fix that.
These were pretty good. Different. Crunchy! My son loved them. Thanks for the posting!