Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my grandmother's recipe - she was an excellent baker!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat together eggs, oil, sugar and pumpkin.
- Sift together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg.
- Add sifted ingredients to pumpkin mixture.
- Mix well.
- Grease and flour jelly roll pan.
- Pour into pan and bake 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Frosting: Mix cream cheese, margarine, powdered sugar and vanilla together well.
- Cool cake completely before frosting.
This was an excellent cake. I made it in a bundt pan and it turned out wonderful!
This was extremely popular at my house. I made as directed, baked it in my large cookie sheet with sides. I will absolutely make this again. Thanks!
This cake was amazing and I had so many people asking for the recipe!!! Thanks so much!