1/2 Photos of Granny Wistrand's Meat Paste
3 hrs 5 mins
Kiwi Kathy's Note:
An old meat paste recipe that was given to my mother in the 1950's. It is very easy to make and goes well on crackers as pate or on sandwiches. I recently made it as my grandson who is 14 months won't swallow lumpy food and I found this to be an excellent way to get him to eat a little meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop the steak and bacon.
- 2Place all ingredients in a bowl
- 3Place bowl in large pot with water that comes approximately half way up the sides of the bowl.
- 4Cover with lid and steam for 3 hours.
- 5Mince or blend all ingredients until smooth.
- 6Pour into jars and seal with melted butter or sealing wax.
- 7Store in fridge .
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granny Wistrand's Meat Paste
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.1
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 220.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: