Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
An old meat paste recipe that was given to my mother in the 1950's. It is very easy to make and goes well on crackers as pate or on sandwiches. I recently made it as my grandson who is 14 months won't swallow lumpy food and I found this to be an excellent way to get him to eat a little meat.
- Chop the steak and bacon.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl
- Place bowl in large pot with water that comes approximately half way up the sides of the bowl.
- Cover with lid and steam for 3 hours.
- Mince or blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into jars and seal with melted butter or sealing wax.
- Store in fridge .
Yum! Came out perfectly and had a nice hint of smokiness from the bacon and Worcestershire. I noticed with the fairly wide bowl I used a fair bit of condensed water ended up back in the mix so not all the liquid was needed, I started with the solids and poured in the liquid to get the desired consistency.