An old meat paste recipe that was given to my mother in the 1950's. It is very easy to make and goes well on crackers as pate or on sandwiches. I recently made it as my grandson who is 14 months won't swallow lumpy food and I found this to be an excellent way to get him to eat a little meat.
- Chop the steak and bacon.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl
- Place bowl in large pot with water that comes approximately half way up the sides of the bowl.
- Cover with lid and steam for 3 hours.
- Mince or blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into jars and seal with melted butter or sealing wax.
- Store in fridge .