Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the best banana bread recipe ever, I promise !!!! It is my late great-granny's. She would make tons of it and give it out for presents at Christmas. Everyone couldn't wait until then to get it, so I sweet talked granny into giving it!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening (Crisco)
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream the sugar and Crisco together; add eggs and mashed bananas.
- Add dry ingredients and pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-60 at 350°F.
- You can add chopped walnuts to the mix if desired (thats the way she always made mine).
I thought this bread was just too dry for me,I'm sorry but it just did not work for me. Darlene
I used three over ripe bananas and I still did not taste much banana flavor. The bread did not turn out moist but kind of dry. Sorry Rennug but it did not work for me
This tasted incredible!!!!! I gave away 4 loafs as gifts:) Thank you a million for posting!