Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I need to store this somewhere before the book I have it in disintegrates! I have used whole wheat flour with no change in performance.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup ground pecans (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease a 9"*5"*3" pan, or line it with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined.
- Stir in mashed ripe bananas and pecans.
- Combine flour and baking soda. Add this mixture 1/2 cup at a time, mixing just enough to combine.
- Add hot water.
- Pour in prepared pan, and bake for 55-60 minutes (test for doneness).
- Cook these as muffins for about 20-22 minutes.
I opted to bake these as muffins and while a bit dense in texture, the flavor was pleasing and were a hit with my diners. Thank you for sharing the recipe!