1 hr 5 mins
I need to store this somewhere before the book I have it in disintegrates! I have used whole wheat flour with no change in performance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Grease a 9"*5"*3" pan, or line it with parchment paper.
- 2Cream together butter and sugar.
- 3Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined.
- 4Stir in mashed ripe bananas and pecans.
- 5Combine flour and baking soda. Add this mixture 1/2 cup at a time, mixing just enough to combine.
- 6Add hot water.
- 7Pour in prepared pan, and bake for 55-60 minutes (test for doneness).
- 8Cook these as muffins for about 20-22 minutes.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granny Sybil's Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.5
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 41.0 mg
- Sodium 148.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 2.7 g