Recipe by Wife-w-kids
My husband's grandmother has made this fudge for more than 50 years. She used to use marshmallows rather than fluff, she finds fluff easier to use. She finally chose to share the recipe with the rest of us after more than 30 years of being asked for it. Hope she doesn't see I posted it for everyone! Be sure to not allow ANY water into the recipe, for it causes grittiness that ruins the whole batch. not. one. drop.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Absolutely delicious fudge you have here! I made the recipe as given & much appreciated the inclusion of the marshmallow cream & the evaporated milk! Was also able to include the nuts since my nut-allergy daughter is out-of-state! Great, great recipe ~ Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 3 (4 ounce) packages German chocolate
- 1 (8 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Break up German chocolate, combine with chocolate chips and marshmallow fluff in a large bowl, set aside.
- Combine sugar, salt, butter, and milk in a large heavy sauce pan. Heat to boiling stirring constantly. Boil 6 minutes. Use wooden spoon.
- Pour sugar mixture over chocolate mixture, stir vigorously until chocolate is melted and all is smooth and creamy. Add nuts, pour into a buttered shallow pan (12x9x2). Let stand until room temperature, cut into pieces and store in an air tight container.