1 hr 30 mins
From "The Best of Gourmet 2002". If you use parchment on the baking sheets, the chips will tend to stick. A mandoline is a godsend, as the slices need to be very, very thin. All that aside, these are delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Farenheit.
- 2Line a baking sheet with baking pad or parchment.
- 3Sift together confectioners sugar and cumin twice to mix thoroughly.
- 4Sift half of the cumin sugar evenly onto the baking sheet.
- 5Cut apple crosswise into very thin, round slices (about 1/16 of an inch thick) with a mandoline.
- 6Arrange the 20 largest slices nearly touching on the baking sheet.(There will be some left over.).
- 7Evenly sift remaining sugar over slices.
- 8Bake slices in middle of oven until pale golden and beginning to crisp, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 9Immediately peel chips off pad or parchment and cool on a rack.
- 10Note: The remaining apples? Try the same thing, but use cinnamon in place of the cumin. :).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granny Smith's Cumin Apple Chips
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 8.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 0.0 g