Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
From a cookbook called "Great Food From Mom's Diner", this pie couldn't taste more like Grandma baked it than, well, if she HAD baked it! I made this for Thanksgiving last year and the first bite just amazed me. It almost tasted a bit TOO homemade-(is there such a thing?) Since I'm not a big pie person and probably favor the more modern, trendier desserts, I haven't really made it again. But if you love pie with extremely old-fashioned flavor and VERY simple to put together, try this one out and impress the family! A scoop of vanilla ice cream on top would be just grand.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir into eggs until blended.
- Add butter, corn syrup, honey, and vanilla and blend well.
- Fold in oatmeal, apples, and chocolate chips.
- Pour into pie crust and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until pie is set.
- Let cool before slicing.
- Top with a scoop of good quality vanilla ice cream if desired.