Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Haven't tried these because of the amount of sugar in them, but will try with Splenda, or a combination of Splenda and sugar. Remember to adjust cooking time if using Splenda. Time does not include cooling time.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups granny smith apples, peeled and chopped (1 lb)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (or 1 cup pecans)
- 3⁄4 cup raisins (or 3/4 cup craisins)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 15 1/2x10 1/2x 1 inch jelly-roll pan.
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Whisk oil and eggs in another large bowl until blended and smooth. Stir in sugar and vanilla.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture until blended. Stir in apples, nuts and raisins or Craisins. Mixture will be very stiff.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until top is golden and toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely on wire rack. Cut into 40 squares.
Never had a blondie before that I can recall, but these are very tasty and remind me more of a sweet apple bread. They seem to be missing the chewy denseness of brownies that I like so much, but I will make this again as apple bread because I liked the flavor a lot. Thanks for the recipe!!
Just loved the smell of these baking---truly *autumn* around here. I used apples from our own HoneyCrisp trees which is always right up my alley! And golden instead of dark raisins, so they don't show up in the cake as well as dark would, but they plumped up so nicely. Would've given this 5-stars except I was frustrated by the mixed up ingredients listed....I like them listed in order called for in the recipe; things together one right after each other. So, other than that...this was/is an excellent recipe!
These are delicious! Thanks to Miley's help I was able to change this a bit for my diabetic ss. I chose to put One part sugar and 2 parts splenda. Everybody loved how moist and how good they came out. You could not tell I changed this recipe for him. Highly recommend on making this nice dessert.